Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Andrews Osborne Academy holds first-class event for Kyle McPhillips

Andrews Osborne Academy held a special event Wednesday morning.
For the first time in AOA history, a student athlete signed a Division I athletic scholarship.
Senior Kyle McPhillips, one of the top junior tennis players in the country, announced she will be attending UCLA.
AOA Athletic Director Vance Linaman, Head of School Charles Roman, several faculty, students and staff were on hand for the announcement.
It was an all-around memorable day for a fun-loving girl who just happens to be a great tennis player.
"My life is not just tennis," McPhillips said. "I have other things going on in my life. My world doesn't revolve around tennis. It's my friends, my friends, my friends."
McPhillips has a solid support group which includes not only her friends, but parents, siblings, dedicated teachers, coaches and more.
The environment has helped her thrive.
She is in a good situation and it shows.
Her hard work is paying off.
It's been an exciting journey for the 17-year-old standout and it's about to get even more exciting.


-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home