Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mixing up your workouts can give you a lift

I have a confession to make.
I am tired of running.
It's too hot. I'm worn out and sore.
So I've switched to biking.
This is my usual habit midway through the summer. I start strong running, get bored with it and switch to biking. All along, I continue to swim laps at an outdoor pool.
One of the reasons it took me so long to get on a biking kick is because my tires were flat. That is a lame excuse I know, but I didn't have the proper pump to inflate the speciality tires so I had to make a trip to the bike shop to get this done.
Finally, I took the time to get it done today.
It was well worth it.
Not only did they inflate my tires at the bike shop, but they taught me how to fix a flat in case I was ever stuck. They also sold me an air pump, which they attached to my bike, patches for a flat and a $2.00 attachment so I could pump up my tires at home with my own air pump.
Why I put this off for so long, I don't know.
Isn't that life?
We make things out to be bigger than they really are in our heads.
Then when we finally tackle an issue, it's easier than we thought.
So tomorrow instead of going to my kettelbell class at the Y, I may just skip it to go on a bike ride.
I think I earned it.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home