Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Please share your Johnnycake Jog story ideas

Have you signed up for the 37th annual Johnnycake Jog yet?
If not, what are you waiting for?
The race is in a few weeks on July 21.
It's an area race that is loved by so many people. I've enjoyed covering it for the past few years mainly because there are so many friendly people who participate in the race.
One of my favorite memories is Jessica Odorcic's performance last year. She became the Johnnycake Jog's only male or female five-time winner.
She won the race in a women's course-record time of 26 minutes, 19 seconds. Ordocic, of Madison, broke the previous record of 26:31 set by Mindy Schmidt in 1992.
Last year, 830 runners and 325 walkers registered for the race. I hope we have another good turnout this year.
I'm looking for story ideas leading up to the race. Are you running to honor someone's memory? Are you running to set a personal record? Are you running as part of a weight loss program?
I'd love to hear from you.
I know everyone has a story and I'd love to hear yours.
Please e-mail me at: taudia@news-herald.com
To more information on the Jog, go to: http://www.johnnycakejog.com

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home