Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's the meaning behind "no comment?"

I think I've figured out the meaning behind "no comment."
It means, "yeah, I realize you came here to cover my game, but I'm not going to say anything about it even though you drove 30 miles to get here in the snow."
It can also mean, "yeah, I know I complained because you haven't covered our team a lot this year and now I'm going to get back at you for it."
Or it can also mean, "sorry, I don't know how to say anything unprofessional so I'm not going to say anything at all."
There are times I'm sure when "no comment" is warranted. But most of the time it's just a simple excuse that gets a coach off the hook.
Why not own up to a loss and say, "my kids just weren't ready to play tonight and it was my fault."
Say something. Just please don't say "no comment."
Why do I feel that way?
"No comment."

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home