Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer fun can be found at your local public pool

If you are looking for some summer fun, why not check out your local public pool?
Especially with the hot days we've had over the past few weeks, nothing beats jumping in a cool pool on a hot, sunny day.
The other day, I went to Euclid Memorial Pool which is about one mile from my house.
It was awesome.
It is highly under-used by the community in my opinion.
The Olympic-sized pool has adult lap lanes which I fully take advantage of. It also has roped off deep areas and shallow zones.
Swimming laps is a nice way to get a workout in despite the heat. It beats jogging and sweating on a sweltering day or even biking.
Plus, swimming is a good overall workout.
A few days after my first visit to the pool, I brought my friend and her two kids. They had a blast going down the big slide at Memorial and playing in the kiddie area which has huge water displays.
Going to the pool brings back fond memories for me of working as a lifeguard during high school and college.
What a great job it was to soak in the sun, take a dip every now and then and eat snow cones all day.
Oh yeah, a little work was involved like keeping people safe, teaching swimming lessons and telling kids not to run on the concrete around the pool.
Boy do I miss those days.
If I ever want to remember what it was like to be a kid again, all I have to do is go to the pool.
Nothing beats it.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home