Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gearing up for ride with Cleveland Touring Club

My first bike was pulled out of the trash by my grandpa when I was a little kid.
He put new wheels on it and spray painted it army green.
It was awesome.
I learned how to ride on that bike.
Eventually, I graduated to a red banana-set beauty around third grade. My younger sister got an Evil Knievel bike that same Christmas. In the spring, we rode around our neighborhood playing "CHiPs." I was always Ponch and my sister was John. It was a great time.
Years later, I'm having a great time on my fancy new Jamis bike that I bought at Blue Sky Bicycles on 185th in Euclid.
I've been biking for years, but I've never owned an expensive bike like the one I have now. It has made such a difference.
To learn more about biking in Northeastern, Ohio, I contacted the Cleveland Touring Club. They invited me on a ride with them tonight at North Chagrin Reservation.
I'm riding in the "social" group which will be a good starting point for me.
It will be fun to meet new people on the ride and hear their stories about riding. I'm also looking forward to learning a few biking tips.
If you have a biking tip for me, I'd love to hear it. Please e-mail me at taudia@news-herald.com.
Have fun riding.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home