Monday, May 21, 2012

Triple Crown a surprising development

I'll Have Another.

After seeing this horse win the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness, I will certainly drink whatever Kool-Aid is being served for the Belmont.

I've seen enough, and, YES, I'll Have Another.

I admit I didn't like the Santa Anita Derby winner heading into the Triple Crown season, and I have never been a big believer in the horses based in California. But this colt is different. Count me in.

The sport needs the buzz, so I love it. I'll Have Another wasn't on anyone's lips as a Triple Crown contender, but the past two weeks should have changed all that.

I'll Have Another? Sure. Especially if the Belmont is a replay of the last two stretch drives by this talented horse who kind of came out of nowhere.

Give me another stretch duel and another victory and  I think me and all horse racing fans - and hopefully sports fans in general - will be ready to raise our glasses!

- BTilton@News-Herald.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home