Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ride to the state volleyball tournament is busy, exciting

This week has been a reporter's dream for me.
I have three local teams in the state volleyball tournament - Beaumont, Gilmour and Villa Angela-St. Joseph.
How do you explain that?
I proposed the question to VASJ coach Mark Royer and he said it's not only because local athletes participate in Junior Olympic and club volleyball, it's also because local coaches get along and work together.
The Northeast, Ohio volleyball community is a close knit group, and I'm so proud to be a part of it.
Honestly, I know the players and coaches are excited to get to state, and as a reporter, I'm excited to make the trip too. I appreciate all of the good stories, notes and milestones the Royer brothers - Pat (Beaumont), Mark (VASJ) and Kelly Coughlin (Gilmour) have shared with me.
I also appreciate the local athletes taking the time to talk to me. I know they have a very busy week.
If you can't make it to Dayton, follow me on Twitter at @AudiaNHSports. I'll keep you posted throughout the weekend beginning tomorrow with VASJ's state semifinal game.
Beaumont and Gilmour play Friday.
If we are lucky enough, we could possibly have three teams in the state championship games on Saturday.
It makes for a busy weekend for me, but I can't wait.
I'm enjoying the ride.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home