Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Please keep the positive and negative e-mails coming to taudia@news-herald.com

My e-mail address is printed under my byline on every single one of my stories.
It's TAudia@News-Herald.com.
This week alone, I've received several useful, enlightening e-mails that have helped me understand my audience better.
Take for example, the e-mail I received from an angry Euclid support who was upset I did not rank the Panthers in my first girls basketball Top of the Crop.
He made several good points in his e-mail:
1. Euclid beat Chardon in the sectional semifinals last year and North in the finals.
2. The Panthers graduated only one senior from its starting lineup.
3. Five players that started varsity last year have returned.
4. Six seniors are on the team.
Fair points.
Looks like I should have ranked Euclid in the Top of the Crop.
The e-mail I received from this man, isn't the only one who complained about Euclid not being ranked in the crop.
Honestly, I welcome all e-mails - positive and negative. The more information, the better.
When I receive a negative e-mail, the first thing I do is thank the person for sending it. Hey, they don't have to take the time to express their feelings to me. Even if I don't agree all of the time, I appreciate the person's viewpoint.
Again, the more information, the better.
Several of the positive e-mails I received this week were on my article about Mayfield girls basketball coach Tony Ware who is leaving the program at the end of this season.
Many of his former players took the time to share their stories about T-Ware with me. Their input helped me write a better story.
So if you have questions, complaints or concerns, please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home