Saturday, March 12, 2011

Herbie: So long Columbus

What a sad, pathetic story.

ESPN College GameDay analysis and former Buckeyes quarterback Kirk Herbstreit had a good life living in Columbus with his wife and sons, with the emphasis on HAD.

According to The Columbus Dispatch, Herbstreit and his family has moved from their Columbus home to Tennessee. Why? A small, rabid and "relentless" fan base that won't let up on Herbstreit, who has been criticized by Buckeye Nation for being too critical of OSU.

"Nobody loves Ohio State more than me," Herbstreit told The Dispatch. "But I've got a job to do, and I'm going to continue to be fair and objective. To continue to have to defend myself and my family in regards to my love and devotion to Ohio State in unfair.

"Eighty to ninety percent of the Ohio State fans are great. It's the vocal minority that make it rough. They probably represent only 5 to 10 percent of the fan base, but they are relentless."

The guess here is these pathetic Buckeyes fans are most likely the ones who feel Coach Jim Tressel aced Tuesday's news conference.

- Mark Podolski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home