Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hines Ward is a deserving champion

I'll admit it. I watched the Dancing with the Stars finale on Tuesday night.
For whatever reason, I just got hooked.
I did not watch the entire season, just a few shows here and there.
When it came down to the final three, I thought Kirstie Alley or Chelsea Kane were going to win. I didn't think it was going to be Ward.
In the end, I'm glad he won.
He deserved it.
It looked like he was so focused throughout the competition and really took it seriously. I couldn't believe the goofy costume he wore in one of his final skits in which he and his partner dressed up like they were in a marching band. But he pulled it off.
In another of his final performances, he dedicated the dance to his mother who was in the crowd. I thought that was very sweet.
It surprised me that this big, tough, Pittsburgh Steelers football player allowed himself to be so vulnerable in this competition. He was just himself and I think that's why he won.
It seemed as if he truly cared about his partner and the overall competition.
The terrible towel holders have a reason to be proud.
Ward is a deserving champion.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home