Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why don't football playoff venues have wireless?

Last Friday, I drove to Warren to cover the Division III regional semifinal high school football game between Chagrin Falls and Ravenna.
What amazed me was Mollenkopf Stadium did not have wireless.
How does a stadium hold a playoff football game and not have wireless?
Instead of going back to the press box to write my story after the game, I had to drive to the nearest McDonald's.
I sat in my car for over one hour transcribing my notes and typing up my story. Luckily, I connected to the wireless at McDonald's just fine so I made my deadline which was before midnight.
I'm returning to Mollenkopf Stadium again on Friday to cover Kirtland's Division V regional final game against Columbiana Crestview.
At least now I know they don't have wireless.
Luckily, I know where I can find the nearest McDonald's.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home