Sunday, January 8, 2012

NFL Hall Class of 2012 a tough call

Sifting through the finalists for this year's NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2012 did two things - it made me feel old, and it raised my blood pressure seeing Clay Matthews not get a shot as a finalist.

Be that as it may, I thought it would be interesting to go through some stats and the recesses of my memory and come up with my own Class from these finalists.

It's worth noting a maximum of seven get in - and that's only if both senior nominees make it.

It's also worth noting Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries will reconcile before I get an actual Hall of Fame vote.

But I'll have my fun anyway. For the NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2012, let's go with:

MODERN DAY

WR Tim Brown: 9-time Pro Bowler, played 17 years, 1,094 receptions, 14,934 yards, 100 TDs

WR Cris Carter (the biggest lock, in my opinion; that man could catch anything): 8-time Pro Bowler, 2-time All-Pro, played 16 years, 1,101 receptions, 13,899 yards, 130 TDs
C Dermontti Dawson (as much as it pains me as a Browns fan, I respected him a lot): 7-time Pro Bowler, 6-time All-Pro, played 13 years
DE Chris Doleman: 8-time Pro Bowler, 2-time All-Pro, played 15 years, 150.5 sacks, 914 tackles

RB Curtis Martin: 5-time Pro Bowler, 1-time All-Pro, played 11 years, 14,101 yards rushing, 90 TDs

SENIOR

CB Jack Butler: Played in the 50s on some very mediocre Steeler teams but was a 4-time Pro Bowler and 3-time All-Pro who had 52 career interceptions
G Dick Stanfel: He was a 5-time All-Pro and was a highly respected 1950s lineman for the Lions and Redskins.

Just my two cents. If it's anything like my college football bowl picks, these poor guys just had the hex put on them.

- Chris Lillstrung

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home