Saturday, February 4, 2012

The return of fantasy baseball?

The year was 2001, I think. I started my fantasy baseball season a perfect 10-0, or something like that.

I was unbeatable, until I never won again that fantasy season. In a blink of an eye, my fantasy season went straight to hell.

Just like that, I was done with fantasy baseball. I haven't been back since, and because of that decision, my baseball knowledge has suffered.

Sure I keep up enough to know the mega-stars, the all-stars and most of the recognizable players in the majors. Lately, though, I'm finding out just how far behind I am in terms of fantasy baseball knowledge.

Prior to the Indians signing Casey Kotchman, I had never heard or seen him hit a baseball or field his corner at first base. Whatever he's accomplished in his major-league career, I've never knowingly seen Kotchman do any of it.

That kind of scared me when I thought about returning to fantasy baseball this season. Do I really want to re-learn baseball all over again? There's no other way to do it in the world of fantasy.

I'm thinking of getting back into it slowly, perhaps joining a free league this season, because I'm not prepared. Not by a long shot.

Should I jump back into the world of fantasy baseball?

- Mark Podolski | @mpodo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dear Mr. Fantasy said...

Absolutely! There is no better way to get to know the players again than by following the stats sheets close (as fantasy baseball requires). I say jump back in! At the very least, you'll have some fun.

February 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home