Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Zack McBride signs Division I scholarship to Miami University

The running community is tight.
Just ask Riverside senior Zack McBride.
He was debating on where to go when he took a call from South High School graduate Wade Coffin. Coffin encouraged McBride to make a visit to Miami University where Coffin runs track and cross country. McBride took him up on the offer and it's paved the way to a Division I scholarship.
On Wednesday, McBride signed a letter of intent to attend Miami University in Ohio.
"This shows me all of my hard work has paid off," McBride said. "It's nice to be able to look back and know all of your hard work was worth it."
McBride's hard work has already paid off in high school.
After not running cross country his freshman year, he joined track in the spring, but was injured right before the postseason and was unable to run.
In his first year on the cross country team as a sophomore, McBride advanced to state and placed 45th in Division I (16:42). As a junior, he was the area's top Division I finisher. He took 17th (15:52). He ran a personal record at the Youngstown Regional in 15:50 to qualify for state.
In track, McBride took fifth at regionals in the 1,600 sophomore year and was 15th at state last year (4:25.32). His PR in the mile is 4:22.
McBride also considered attending West Point and Indiana University.
"I liked the coach at Miami, the program and the school," said McBride, who plans on majoring in business. "It's a perfect fit for me."
McBride is a hard-working athlete who deserves a Division I scholarship.
He is driven, motivated and fearless. All of the qualities that make a good runner.
I believe he will succeed at Miami just like he's succeeded at Riverside.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home