Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cleveland marathon was highly inspiring

On Sunday, I covered the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon.
It was an exciting event with thousands of people downtown.
Many competed in the marathon despite the heat.
It was exciting to see so many people doing their best to complete the race. There were experienced elite athletes and more amateurs who looked like they were about to drop out of the race at any time, but they pushed on.
There's something about seeing thousands of people pursuing the same goal of crossing that finish line.
It was amazing to watch.
Actually, it inspired me quite a bit.
Yesterday, I took my bike out and went on the longest ride of the season. I went 24 miles round trip from Euclid to the pier behind the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I know part of the reason I went so far because of the experience on Sunday.
It motivated me to push myself that much harder.
I hope this feeling lasts all summer long and beyond.
Maybe I'll even run a marathon someday. For now, I'll stick to mini marathons on my bike.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home