Sunday, July 29, 2012

One viewer's guide to the Olympics

Through two days, I'm locked into the Olympics and enjoying every minute of it.

Aside from time with my wife, time to run errands and time to, well, sleep, it's been fun to watch the 2012 Summer Games being staged in my favorite city in the world (other than home, of course), London.

In a 24-hour span between Friday and Saturday, I watched at least a portion of:

Basketball
Beach volleyball
Cycling
Fencing
Gymnastics
Indoor volleyball
Rowing
Soccer
Swimming
Tennis
Water polo
Weightlifting

There has been one lesson learned as far as viewing the Olympics - stay away from the Internet.

With London being five hours ahead, NBC has stated none of its primetime coverage and only a portion of coverage during other parts of the days will be live, so you have to be really careful with spoilers.

So if I really want to be locked in, I have to avoid ESPN.com, and I have to avoid Twitter.

I fully realize not being on Twitter for extended periods of the day is considered essentially illegal in some circles, but for this purpose I intend to do so.

The chance to watch the Summer Olympics only comes along every four years, and a chance to watch the Games in London will never happen again in my lifetime.

I'm sure the Internet Board of Directors will understand.

- Chris Lillstrung

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home