Wednesday, January 29, 2014

If you aren't on Twitter, get with it and get an account

I'll admit, I've been a little slow when it comes to getting on board with new technology.

Several years ago when e-mail first came out (yes, that's how old I am), I remember telling myself I would never start e-mailing. I told myself I could continue to personally mail friends and family letters. That lasted a handful of weeks before I finally gave in and started e-mailing. It was so much easier.

Then came the disc camera (O.K., now I am sounding  really old here). I vowed to myself I would never give up using film. I loved getting pictures developed and putting them in scrap books. I enjoyed getting doubles of pictures and mailing them out to family and friends (the old fashioned way). My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, laughed at me and pleaded with  me to get a new disc camera. Of course, he was right. It was so much easier.

Next came my cell phone. I told my husband I would never get an I-Phone because I was perfectly comfortable with my old-school flip phone. That's a little embarrassing to admit. To top it off, the flip phone was pink. After a few months of unsuccessfully trying to convince me to get an I-Phone, my husband drove me to a Sprint store to buy a new phone. Again, he was right.

The latest technology which I can not live without is Twitter. I know I'm a few years behind schedule (it came out in 2006), but now I use it in my job and my daily life. In the past, what may have taken me several hours to do, took me about 30 minutes this morning.

With games being postponed and cancelled one by one, I went on Twitter to find a game to cover tonight. North coach Paul Force (@coachforce) was kind enough to get right back to me to let me know his game at Perry was still on.
Several other coaches and administrators including Chagrin Falls' Brittany Anderson (@CFCoachBA), West Geagua athletic director John Cadiero (@WestGAthletics) and Kenston score keeper Dave Molnar (@molnardave) let me know their games were not being played. My list of games was narrowed to one thanks to the instant information available on Twitter.

So trust me. If you don't already have a Twitter account, you should get one. It makes your life easier just like e-mail, disc cameras and I-Phones.

Even if you are a few years behind like me.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home