Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rainy days are taking a toll

So this is the wettest April on record since 1961?
Can you believe it?
I can't.
It's driving me crazy.
Today I was going to cover a girls lacrosse game at Lake Catholic. When I called the school to verify the game, I found out it was played yesterday at Laurel. The game was supposed to be played today at Lake Catholic, but it was changed due to wet fields.
Very understandable, but also very frustrating.
On Thursday, I'm covering another lacrosse game. This time it's West Geagua boys at Kenston (if the weather holds up, which I doubt).
On Friday, I'm at the Captains game. Saturday I'm back to track, which is the main sport I cover in the spring.
I'll be at the Mentor Relays and I'll bet money that it won't be canceled.
Not only has this weather been frustrating for the myself and the sports staff at The News-Herald, I'm sure it's just as bad for local athletes, coaches and fans.
After practicing all winter inside, I'm sure they are dying to get outside. But I just don't know when it's going to happen.
In the meantime, I've been writing feature stories to keep busy which is a lot of fun. I enjoy listening to stories from various athletes. It's an opportunity the sports staff doesn't always get. But when we do, we make the most of it.
So if you have any interesting ideas, please send them my way.
In the meantime, I'll be praying for sun just like everyone else.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son plays Little League and we haven't been able to practice in over a week and a half, our next practice is Friday.....and it's suppose to rain again.

April 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home