Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Daddy, play Rocky again"

One of the best (or worst) things about owning an iphone is the device's ability to do so many things, sometimes at once.

For my 2 1/2-year-old son, he loves my iphone (which means I need to start saving now) especially when daddy plays Samson's favorite song ... over and over and over again. Then, over and and over and over and over and over and over again.

Get the picture?

On Saturday, it was different. The greatest thing about being a dad is watching your child grow up right before your eyes. In my case, one day my son can't do this, the next he does that. So it was on this day, very different.

He didn't want to hear his favorite "kids" song. It was, "Daddy play Rocky," as in the theme song from the iconic boxing film. I played it for him once a few weeks ago, and thought nothing of it.

As a passionate fan of the films, hearing those words made me so happy.

Dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah ...

"Daddy, play Rocky again."

Dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah ...

"Daddy, play Rocky again."

Dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah ...

"Daddy, play Rocky again."

It went on for the entire drive, and so did his shadow boxing while the song "Gonna Fly Now" continued to play. Watch out, Sam has a pretty good right.

Ever wonder why Rocky movies never get old?

"Daddy, play Rocky again."

And why I love being a father?

"Daddy, play Rocky again."

- Mark Podolski

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home