Wednesday, July 6, 2011

John Telich is a Cleveland treasure

In Thursday's paper, there is a feature story on longtime Cleveland television sports anchor John Telich.
I was honored to interview Telich for the story.
Leading up to the interview, I had several people tell me what a great guy he was including Sports Editor Mark Podolski who works out at the same gym as Telich.
"He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet," Podolski said.
Boy, was he right.
Telich was kind from the moment I met him to the moment he walked me out of the Fox 8 studios. He took the time to give me a tour of the studio and he took the time to answer every one of my questions.
The interview lasted over an hour. I think if I had two-hours worth of questions, Telich wouldn't of had a problem answering all of them.
He truly is one of the kindest people I have ever met.
That was confirmed when I called his former colleagues Dan Coughlin and Tony Rizzo for the story. The former WJW television sports anchors couldn't say enough about how Telich has touched their lives in many positive ways.
I would have to agree.
Telich has a work ethic that is to be admired. He has put his heart and soul into his work at Fox 8 over the past 31 years and it shows.
The longest tenured sports anchor in Cleveland history is still around because of the way he treats people. He treats them with respect and in turn he's earned the respect of many.
Cleveland is lucky to have such a treasure.



-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home