Monday, August 8, 2011

Fantasy baseball turns nightmare

Maybe it is time to retire from playing fantasy baseball.

This isn't sour grapes, it is just a punch-in-the-face reality that maybe I'm not cut out to be successful in this activity.

Currently, my team is the 2nd HIGHEST scoring team in the News-Herald league. I am only 20 points behind the leader, who happens to be 11-6 and solidly in the playoff chase. My team averages 223 point per week - for the season. What's that gotten me? A ticket toward a last-place finish as I'm cellar dwelling at 6-11.

I have faced opponent who have scored 3,800-plus points. My opponents are averaging 231 points per week.It's easy to win when the team you play only goes for 195 a week. I'd be a winner too most of the time.

You can draft well, make solid moves during the year, put up big points consistently, but if your weekly opponent just keeps throwing up huge numbers you are in lots of trouble. It is conceivable I could win the high point total for the league and finish in last place.

Sour grapes? Nope. Just crush those grapes and bring the wine to my fantasy baseball retirement party.

It's just not in the cards for me to win, I guess. Oh, well. There is always football season.

- Bill Tilton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home