College bowl picks
1. BCS National Championship, Notre Dame (+9.5) vs. Alabama, Jan. 7: Considering the way these teams play defense, the Fighting Irish getting 9.5 points is baffling. The SEC makes it seven national titles in a row, but Notre Dame covers. PICK: Alabama, 17-13.
2. Cotton, Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma (+3), Jan. 4: This one looks like a shootout from the get-go. All eyes will be on Heisman winner Johnny Manziel of the Aggies, but the Sooners can score plenty of points too. PICK: Oklahoma 41-35
3. Rose, Stanford vs. Wisconsin (+6.5), Jan. 1: The matchup to watch is Stanford's front seven vs. the running game of the Badgers. I'll take the Cardinal in that matchup. PICK: Stanford, 28-17
4. Fiesta, Oregon vs. Kansas State (+8.5), Jan. 3: The Wildcats must play at their pace to have a chance here, but the guess is the Wildcats' defense won't slow down the Ducks. PICK: Oregon, 31-21
5. Chic-fil-A, LSU vs. Clemson (+3), Dec. 31: This will be a classic offense (Clemson) vs. defense (LSU) matchup, but don't sleep on the Tigers' ability to score points. PICK: LSU, 30-20
- Mark Podolski | @MPodo