Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thank you, whoever you are


The strangest thing happened to my son and I on Monday night.

The two of us took in the Captains game. For me, it was chance to check out Chin-Soo Choo in a rehab start. For my son Sam, 2, it was a chance to gaze at the field and his surroundings while woofing down a hot dog, french fries, chips and a drink.

He was having the time of his life, and actually sat in his seat for three innings! Then, on our way to the pressbox to visit News-Herald peers David S. Glasier and Jim Ingraham a very nice woman turned the corner, took one look at my son, asked how old he was, and gave him a baseball, his first ever at a game.

After Sam said thank you, the woman disappeared around another corner. She never told me her name, so whoever you are thank you for making my son's day.

He walked through Classic Park the rest of the night proudly holding his newest prized possession. In a world so cruel at times, a simple act of kindness by this mystery woman can make all the difference.

- Mark Podolski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home