Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Prep year in review brings back good memories

Today I worked on my prep year in review lists.
Ever year, the prep staff at the paper puts together top performances, now it can be told stories, top overall stories and more.
It's a good time to review what has transpired over the past 12 months.
I'll admit, my memory is bad. O.K., it's really bad.
But taking a peek at the various articles I've written brings me right back to a warm spring day during track season when numerous area athletes made a trip of a lifetime. I am reminded of a freezing cold fall night when the Chagrin Falls football team played its final game of the season.
So many precious memories are organized in the manilla folders I keep at my desk.
At a moment's notice, those memories are there to fill my mind whenever I need them.
I realized today, I don't review my old stories nearly enough.
There are story lines I've forgotten about and names that make me smile just thinking of them.
I'll continue organizing my articles in manilla folders in 2012. But this time I won't wait until the prep year in review to enjoy them.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home