Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Trip to Columbus is an exciting time not just for local teams, but reporters too

This weekend, my job is going to be awesome.
I'm going down to Columbus to cover Villa Angela-St. Joseph in the Division IV state semifinals and Mentor in the Division I state finals.
I'm sticking around for the finals on Saturday.
I know this is an exciting time for players, coaches, fans and everyone involved in their respective communities, but it's also exciting for the reporters and photographers who are going down to cover the games.
My colleague John Kampf, the boys high school beat writer, has been working tirelessly this week to uncover every feature story possible leading into state for both teams. His articles have been helpful to me as I put together my notes for the state tournament.
As a reporter, you should be neutral going into all games, but at this time of the year it's hard.
Deep down, I'll be rooting for the Vikings and the Cardinals to advance to the championship. How can you not?
Even if the teams don't advance to the championship, just the experience of getting to Columbus is a major accomplishment in itself. This is what teams worked for all season and the moment is finally here.
So I'd like to thank the Vikings and Cardinals for getting me down to state with them.
It's going to be a great ride.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home